Monday, January 9, 2012

Grilling gourmet steak from socalmeats.com

Hi Folks!!!
Dave here, just wanted to write a short article about what I love to do, grill.  Oh, yeah.  Gourmet beef, Seafood, Chicken and even some veggies to go with it.  My favorite is grilling steak, good steak.  I recently ordered some Gourmet Steaks and Seafood from a local business here in Southern California, SoCalMeats.com , they brought them out, let me check the steaks and seafood out first before I paid them.  An amazingly great service, I will definitely buy from them again. 

The steaks were killer, the delivery guy told me that I should grill them from frozen, so I figured hey, why not, never done that before, they sell a bunch of them so they must know what he was talking about.  What he told me is this:(keep in mind this beef and seafood comes in a vacuum sealed, flash frozen state.)

1.  Heat the grill up, put it on high and let the grate get really hot.  Take the gourmet steaks out of the freezer, remove them from the packaging, and sear them for two minutes on each side.  While searing sprinkle some garlic powder, black pepper, and seasoning salt on each side. 

2.  After searing, turn the heat down to just below medium, and finish slow cooking them to your desired temperature.  I like my steaks medium rare, (almost mooing) so I let them cook 6 - 7 minutes on each side and cut into them to check.  I couldn't believe how juicy these steaks were.  I know I am supposed to use a thermometer, you should never cut meat to check it while grilling, but I just can't help myself sometimes. 

Let me tell you, it was that easy.  While I was grilling the wife made us a salad and some black beans, what a wonderful meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment