Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baked Potato on the Grill

Howdy Folks,
Here is a great way to bake potatoes on your grill.  I did it the other day, they came out great.  Tasted fantastic.

What you will need:
1 Potato for each person
Spray Oil, (Pam, etc)
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Aluminum Foil

Wash the potatoes well, remove all the eyes.  Dry the potatoes.  Lay your aluminum foil out, place the clean, dry potato on the foil.  spray with your cooking oil, such as Pam, I used Olive Oil Pam on one side of the potato, sprinkle some black pepper, garlic salt, and seasoning salt.  Flip the potato over and spray the other side, then sprinkle the pepper, garlic and salt on that side.  Wrap the potato in the aluminum foil.

I have a 4 burner grill, I was going to grill some steaks later, so I got the burner going away from the normal area where I grill steaks on, set the burner on high and set the potatoes on the grill.  I turned them one quarter turn every 10 minutes  for one hour, you can tell if they are cooking correctly by gently pushing in on the potato, when it is mushy it is ready.  After the hour, I turned the burner off, grilled my rib eyes, and ate them together.   All I can say is delicious. 

Hope it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment